This is actually really simple. Just mix together some phrases. The phrases are fixed phrases, and so using a computer translation system will ruin the card.
Photo CC by freestocks.org from Pexels https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-and-brown-christmas-gift-box-with-card-726228/
- To Yuki, I/We wish you and yours (for person + family)
- Dear Yuki, Wishing you
- a (very) Merry Christmas
- Happy/Wonderful/Fantastic New Year
- Happy/Wonderful/Fantastic 2018
- Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- Wishing you all the best these holidays
- Peace, joy, and love to you and your family.
- May your Christmas season be filled with joy
- Sending you happy tidings this holiday season.
- May this New Year be filled with joy!
- God bless you this holiday season — Merry Christmas!
For more, see: https://holidappy.com/greeting-cards/Christmas-Card-Messages-What-to-Write-in-a-Christmas-Card.
DO: Use phrases nicely put together, and maybe add a personal message if you like. Messages in cards are usually short and simple. However, each message should be unique. Example:
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful 2018.
Many happy returns,
Hiroyuki & family
We wish you a Merry Christmas and fantastic New Year. We hope all will go well for your trip to Vietnam this Spring.
Hiromasa & Yuki
It’s interesting that many people cannot type in the most efficient way. I learnt to type as a child, and then professionally after university. I wish that I had been properly taught when I was in high school, because I would have been able to get my assignments done a lot quicker. Nowadays, for any job in an office or government department in western countries, you need to show a certificate of typing achievement. What typing speeds do you need?
- For typical government jobs: About 25 words per minute (wpm)
- The average typist does about 41 wpm
- Men about 44 wpm, women 38 wpm
- About half of the population cannot exceed 50 wpm
- Fastest ever was Stella Pajunas in 1946 at 216 wpm on an electronic typewriter.
- The Dvorak keyboard is about twice faster than the common Qwerty type.
CC Unsplash 2014, https://www.pexels.com/photo/computer-notebook-typing-writing-30389/
- Typing Study, Wikihow.com/Teach yourself to touch type,
- Typing Test English.
Here are some common errors Japanese students have made when talking about leisure activities. This post will be deleted in about one or two weeks.
Common Errors 07 Leisure Activities