I just got this important message from Word Engine:
WordEngine and V-Admin will be temporarily offline for regular database maintenance on Monday January 21, from 2pm until 4pm Japan Standard Time. You will not be able to use WordEngine during that time frame. 2019年1月21日（月） 午後2時から午後4時の間、定期メンテナンス作業を実施させていただきます。ご不便をお掛けしますが、メンテナンス中はワードエンジンとV-Adminをご利用いただけません。
Thanks to the three students who have asked about this. I didn’t know that this year the system is so different. Last year, WordEngine was an app to download, and a card to buy for students who don’t have their own credit cards. This year, I was told in an email in early March that the system is different and works on all smartphones, tablets and computers. They did not say that there is no smartphone app for iOS or Android anymore. The steps:
- In your web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, etc)
- Type wordengine.jp, press “Go” or “Enter”. You should arrive at http://www.wordengine.jp/go/ and,
- Bookmark it, or Add to Favourites.
Now, just use WordEngine from the website; no app needed. Yay!
Next steps (at home):
- Do V-check (to get your vocabulary size)
- Enter your card code for paid access
- Join the class group
- Study each week, Monday to Saturday at least 150 correct answers each week (about 10 minutes a day)
More information about learning vocabulary, go to Winjeel.Com > English Classes > Vocabulary.
Lexxica will conduct server maintenance on December 19th starting at 12:30 pm and lasting until about 4 pm. Two security updates will be implemented as well as improvements to the WordEngine mobile flashcards application. Improvements to the app include faster task delivery speed and more recognizable transitions between the word tasks.